Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Transworld Surf for PlayStation 2

Summary

This review will be usless to you for two
reasons: First, I am pretty much an idiot. Give
me a shinny object to hold and I will stare at it and drool for hours. Second, I am no gamer. I never get the high score. I never complete a level. Do not know how you kids do it.

But.. but.. but... I love Transworld Surf because
it is so beautiful.I love its vibe. I love the ocean, and it feels and sounds like the real thing. And I can not stop playing it. And WHERE ARE all you surfers out there??? I thought this game would have a dozen reviews buy now.
If you have ever felt the magic and power of waves in the ocean, check this coolest of games out now!! Please! I'm afraid if no one supports the guys who designed this, they won't make Transworld
Surf--THE RETURN.


Sound

Well, the wet sounds are great--details like the loud slap of your board on the water. The hollow barrel sound. The encouraging yelps from your imaginary friends when you do good.... "sick"
"I know that guy" "Nice wave dude". I may be a dork, but like Pavlovs' dogs, this reinforces my efforts and keeps me playing deep into the night.


Gameplay

O.K. This is no Tony Hawk. Its not as deep, tight,
precise, or exciting. Tony is KING. But what do you want to do tonight, go surfing or skateboarding? I would rather go surfing.
The gameplay can seem frustrating, loose, and
slow. But its got a feel of traction, of sliding,
of staling. It is good enough. It will keep you involved.My learning curve is slow so you should have even more fun than me. And just you wait,
when Transworld Surf THE RETURN comes out,
I betcha they get this stuff tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment